The first thing you need to understand is there is no perfect team, since the game has many different units; it requires a different set of units. Each team can only have 5 units, so making a team requires some planning and changing. The teams should be designed to take down a specific quest. There are 6 core quests and 1 final quest; the 6 core quests are always in the same order. Each of the quests breaks down into 5 mini quests, sometimes there is a 6th mini quest but it is a boss fight.
First quest will always be fire, meaning 95% of the units you face will be fire units. I say 95% because there is a chance the quest will have a mimic or two, a dark unit. The second quest will be water, again 95% chance of all water units. The third quest is earth, 95% chance of all earth units. The fourth quest is thunder, 95% of units will be thunder. These first four quests are known as the elements quests, because each has 95% of the same unit. The next two quests are light and dark. Light quests are 90% light units; mimics are a rare event in light quests. Dark quests are 100% dark units, if a mimic is triggered, it will be a dark unit. The final quest is a mix of all 6 types; it randomly picks the units you will face.
Now that you know the quest order, you must learn the strengths and weaknesses of each element.
· Using a water attack on a fire unit does double damage, fire attack on a water unit does half damage.
· Using a fire attack on an earth unit does double damage, earth attack on a fire unit does half damage.
· Using an earth attack on a thunder unit does double damage, thunder attack on an earth unit does half damage.
· Using a thunder attack on a water unit does double damage, water attack on a thunder unit does half damage.
· Light attacks are double damage to dark units
· Dark attacks are double damage to light units
Each element has its own strengths and weaknesses, using the wrong team can end the game quickly. That is why there is no perfect team, each element can be beaten. Each element also has its best power, the power of each type is best when matched.
· Fire – Anima – 10% more HP
· Water – Oracle – 10% more REC
· Thunder – Breaker – 10% more ATK
· Earth – Guardian – 10% more DEF
· Light – Lord – No Bonus
· Dark – Lord – No Bonus
The power of each element is best matched with this table. For example, a thunder unit with a breaker power will result in more attack. But a thunder unit with anima power will not get a boost in health.